Saturday, April 2, 2011

Roscoes Pizzeria in Takoma

I love finding cool local privately owned restaurants that I can take my friends and family when they visit and Roscoes Pizza in Takoma has definitely become one of those places. The interior of the place is so nice and yet homey (cozy?-a pleasant plant to sit and eat a pizza pie.

If you like wood fired oven pizza than this is the place to go. The crust is thin (but not too thin) and has the perfect amount of chewiness. Luckily it isn't too crispy and burnt as so many other wood fire oven pizzas are (ehem Matchbox) though I would love a nice tomato dipping sauce for my end pieces (when I asked for some they bring out some cold marinara that tastes like tomato soup).

The Harvest pizza has an excellent light basil garlic sauce and is overflowing with veggies and cheese. The Ruspante (Tomato, mozzarella, grilled chicken breast, mixed bell peppers) topped with extra pepperoni had a zingy slightly spicy flavor which perfectly complemented the lighter flavors of the Harvest pizza. Their mozzarella is fresh-almost like a buffalo mozzarella-and is scattered generously across the pie.

A nice neighborhood spot for any occasion-I am pretty sure Joanna enjoyed it too.

1 comment:

JJ said...

Are they expensive? How large are their pizzas. Sounds tasty