Saturday, October 15, 2011

Specific Gravity Pizza Update

So I had to try Specific Gravity Pizza's carry out option-and of course on a Monday since that is half off pizza night so made the call last Monday and went to pick up my pizza. I felt a little guilty because it was just me so all I ordered was a small General Tso's pizza and nothing else. Technically they aren't supposed to do half off for specialty pizzas just the make your own but the guy on the phone was generous and said he's figure something out for me (which really meant yes I will do it for you because Specific Gravity employs some nice people-I really do like their friendly waitresses).

So I went inside to pick up my pizza and I realized there is NO carry out area. I had to hunt a server down and got shuttled to two other people before I got someone who could take care of me (the waitress stationed behind the bar). I was standing there awkwardly for at least ten to fifteen minutes just staring at my pizza (I could see it sitting up at the food window) just waiting for my credit card to be swiped. Sigh. Honestly next time I am just going to do sit in but the carry out was worth a try.

The General Tso's pizza was unique to say the least. It was drowning in crispy wonton strips and drizzled with the same delicious asian style sauce they use on their Asian wings which I enjoyed immensely on my last visit to SGP. The cheese tasted like fresh ricotta and the crust was nicely done-as usual. The chicken was the same shredded chicken they use on their chicken cheese steak pizza and I was a little dissapointed because I had been expected crispy bread pieces of actual General Tso's chicken to be scattered across the top, gleaming enticingly with their scintillating sauce. Alas this was not to be. I was similarly dissapointed in what I believe to be once frozen broccoli gracing my pizza.

I still enjoyed my SPG pizza but it did not beat the pepperoni, tomato sauce and tons of fresh hand cut fries on top version that makes SPG one of my favorite places in Salisbury. Maybe next time I will go with my classic choice or perhaps the blue cheese steak special will be calling my name...

No comments: